SOPHISTICATED AT A GRAND SCALE...
5 Beds • 7 Baths • Approx. 7,285 SF • 15,305 SF Lot • Leased - $7,000/Month
6153 Tompkins Dr, McLean, VA 22101, USA
A seamless design that perfectly blends indoor & outdoor living space. A floor plan built for modern living enhanced by tall ceilings, large windows & a dream kitchen with a 48" Wolf range & a Subzero refrigerator for you to create delicious dishes. A grand master suite to retreat to or escape to the spacious recreational room complete with a full bar. A great backyard to entertain or play, come & envision your life here, its well worth the visit!
- 15,305 square foot (0.351 Acres) lot in Chesterbrook Woods subdivision
- Stone, hardiplank, and cedar shake siding exterior
- Concrete driveway leading to a wood grain textured garage door with exterior stone façade & stained wood beam trellis
- 2 car insulated & finished garage with openers & keyless entry
- Arts & craft stained beam & stone columns accentuated with stone façade on first level
- Flagstone walk lead & flagstone front covered porch with recessed lighting
- Craftsman stained mahogany front double door with exterior front lighting
- Rear 21’ x 20’ flagstone patio
- Fully fenced-in rear yard with fence doors on left & right side of residence
- 30-year architectural roof shingles
- Professional landscaping with sod yard
Interior Highlights & Custom Features
Main Level -Approximately 2,209 square feet of open living space featuring sanded & stained in place hardwood flooring, oversized large windows and 10’+ foot ceilings.
- GRAND FOYER with loft style 10’+ ceiling with a satin nickel finish chandelier, coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding with recessed lighting, wainscoting, large coat closet, and grand wooden staircase detailed with wainscoting, scone lighting, stained wooden railings and white balusters.
- LIVING ROOM with coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, wainscoting, and large windows with views of the front yard.
- MAIN LEVEL OFFICE with double glass 6-foot French doors with transom, coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding with recessed lighting, wainscoting, large windows with views of front yard, and wall of custom built white shelving and cabinetry.
- DINING ROOM with coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, large bronze finish chandelier, wainscoting, with views of the front and back yard.
- BUTLER’S PANTRY with custom built-in cream colored cabinetry featuring under cabinet lighting, exotic granite countertop, and wine refrigerator.
- PANTRY located adjacent to Mud Room with custom shelving and custom ceramic tile flooring.
- MASTER CHEF’S KITCHEN with 42-inch self-closing cream colored custom cabinetry featuring under cabinet lighting, open faced storage space atop of wall cabinetry, exotic stone granite countertops, architecturally designed tile backsplash with pot filler faucet over range, and oversized large center island with grey custom cabinetry, exotic stone granite countertop, and second sink. Coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding with recessed lighting and two bronze finish chandeliers over kitchen island.
APPLIANCE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Sub Zero 42” Built-In French Door Refrigerator/Freezer
- Wolf 48” Gas Range with 6 Burners & Infrared Charbroiler
- Wolf 24” Under Counter Transitional Drawer Microwave
- Wolf Stainless Steel Ventilation Range Hood
- ASKO 24” Built-In Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- BREAKFAST NOOK with custom built seating featuring a black finish chandelier and windows overlooking the rear patio.
- FAMILY ROOM with gas fireplace surrounded by no joist stone masonry with custom built stained mantel and flagstone hearth, coffered boxed ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding with recessed lighting, and 6-foot double glass French doors with transom leading to rear flagstone patio.
- FORMAL POWDER ROOM featuring an expresso furniture grade vanity with granite countertop, chrome finish faucet, designer mirror accentuated with 3-light nickel finish vanity light, wainscoting, and custom porcelain tile work.
- MUDROOM with custom built-ins, coat hooks, bench with cubby storage, and custom ceramic tile flooring.
Upper Level - Approximately 2,568 square feet of light filled spacious living featuring sanded & stained in place hardwood flooring, plush carpeting, oversized large windows, 4 generous sized bedrooms, wide hallway with recessed lighting and wainscoting, hallway closet with custom shelving and custom built-in shelving and cabinetry.
- MASTER BEDROOM with coffered ceiling accentuated with recessed lighting and remote controlled ceiling fan with light, three-piece crown molding, sitting area, custom shelving with cabinetry and two large walk-in closets featuring custom built shelving.
- MASTER BATHROOM featuring two espresso furniture grade vanities with inset drawers and granite countertops, two large designer mirrors accentuated with scone lighting, oversized large corner designer mirror, large soaking tub surrounded by porcelain tile work, shower with double shower heads and bench, linen closet with custom shelving, three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, and custom porcelain tile work.
- SECOND EN SUITE BEDROOM featuring a remote controlled ceiling fan with light, large windows, plush carpeting, and walk-in closet with custom built shelving. Bathroom features a white furniture grade vanity with granite countertop, satin nickel finish faucet, designer mirror with 3-light nickel finish vanity lighting, shower with large soaking tub, and custom porcelain tile work.
- THIRD EN SUITE BEDROOM featuring a remote controlled ceiling fan with light, large windows, plush carpeting, and two closets with custom built shelving. Bathroom features a walnut furniture grade vanity with granite countertop, bronze finish faucet, designer mirror accentuated with 3-light bronze finish vanity lighting, stand-in shower, and custom ceramic tile work.
- FOURTH EN SUITE BEDROOM featuring a remote controlled ceiling fan with light, large windows, plush carpeting, and a large walk-in closet with custom built shelving. Bathroom features an espresso furniture grade vanity with granite countertop, satin nickel finish faucet, designer mirror accentuated with 3-light satin nickel finish lighting, shower with large soaking tub, and custom porcelain tile work.
- LAUNDRY ROOM with white custom cabinet, exotic granite countertop, sink, washer/dryer hookup, and custom ceramic tile work.
Lower Level - Approximately 2,046 square feet of comfortable living space featuring plush carpeting, recessed lighting, large windows, under staircase storage room, large storage/utility room, and 8-foot glass French doors for easy walk out access to rear patio and backyard.
- RECREATIONAL ROOM with recessed lighting, plush carpeting, and entertainment nook.
- WET BAR adjacent to recreational room featuring recessed lighting, espresso colored 42” cabinetry, white quartzite backsplash, exotic granite countertop, sink, wine refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, and small refrigerator with ceramic tile flooring.
- MEDIA ROOMfeaturing recessed lighting and cable ready.
- FIFTH EN SUITE BEDROOMfeaturing large windows, designer lighting, plush carpeting, and large walk-in closet with custom built shelving. Bathroom features espresso furniture grade vanity with granite countertop, chrome finish faucet, designer mirror accentuated with 3-light chrome finish lighting, stand-in shower, linen closet with custom built shelving, and custom ceramic tile work.
- POWDER ROOM featuring a white pedestal sink, chrome finish faucet, designer mirror with 2-light chrome finish vanity lighting, and custom ceramic tile flooring.
Interior Finishes, Systems & Energy Efficient Features
- AO Smith 75 gallon 76,000 BTU gas water heater
- Heat & Glo gas fireplace in family room
- Anderson energy star rated dual pane low e glazing with argon double hung windows
- Anderson energy star rated dual pane low e tempered glazing with argon 6-foot French doors
- White under cabinet lighting system in kitchen and butler’s pantry
- One 6 light bronze chandelier in dining room
- Two 3 light bronze chandeliers in kitchen
- One 3 light black chandelier in breakfast nook
- CAT5 wiring
- Three panel solid core Masonite doors throughout
- Baldwin brushed nickel interior door knobs
- Low VOC designer interior paint
- One-year general limited builder warranty
*Keller Williams Realty does not guarantee the accuracy of square footage, lot size, or other information concerning the condition or features of the property provided by the seller or obtained from public records or other sources and the buyer is advised to independently verify the accuracy of that information through personal inspection with appropriate licensed professionals. Measurements are approximate, information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Chesterbrook Elementary School
Chesterbrook Elementary School is tucked away in a corner of McLean and is described by those who know it as the best kept secret in Fairfax County. The original school's nurturing yet challenging reputation continues since its founding in 1906 despite the many changes that have come in the intervening years.
The school maintains its ability to provide an outstanding learning environment made up of a strong partnership from community members and talented, dedicated staff members. The original tiny one-room building has been replaced by a thoroughly modern educational facility housing Kindergarten through Sixth grade students.
The school's strong academic program includes an emphasis on incorporating educational research into instructional practices, preparing students to use multiple learning strategies and technologies in order to be successful in a rapidly changing world, and developing students' sense of self-worth, personal responsibility, and self-discipline.
Our Local Advanced Academic Level IV services are provided to a wider range of students by encouraging all of our teachers in our school, especially 3-6 grade classroom teachers, to obtain their Advanced Academics (AA or GT) endorsement. By having our staff qualified as AA teachers we are able to eliminate a dedicated AA (GT) homeroom class, and have students flexibly grouped for AA curriculum. Our regrouping for academic classes and other activities allows the students the benefit of interacting with all of their grade level peers on a regular basis throughout their school day.
A visit to our school will find students engaged in a variety of activities designed to provide rich educational experiences. Students might be conducting research online in their classrooms or the computer lab, practicing for a play, taping a social studies project in our TV studio to share on our morning news show, using quick response technology (QR codes) to review and create materials, conducting experiments for a science project, discussing books in a literature circle, observing the life cycles of plants and animals in our outdoor learning environment, being involved in Chinese language and cultural activities or participating in a myriad of other activities that actively involve children.
Chesterbrook's learning community customizes instruction to the needs of all students and by infusing `best practice' research based curriculum including Level IV curriculum and strategies when appropriate. Chesterbrook Elementary School prepares students to develop the skills and abilities that will enable them to meet the challenges of the future.
*Information obtained from http://schoolprofiles.fcps.edu/schlprfl/f?p=108:50:::::P0_CURRENT_SCHOOL_ID:035
Longfellow Middle School
Longfellow Middle School has a reputation for academic excellence with statewide and nationally recognized accomplishments: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015 Governor's Awards for Excellence in Education, 2013 Virginia Board of Education Excellence Award, Math Counts – 1st in the state; Science Olympiad – 5th in the country; Orchestra and Band – All Superior ratings; Knowledge Masters and First Lego League teams are nationally ranked, RAMP-Student Services Department National Award, and Golden Wellness Award for excellence in Nutrition and Fitness.
Longfellow Middle School provides a traditional school structure including a seven period school day plus a 22 minute Lancer Time for remediation and enrichment. All students are part of an academic team comprised of teachers in English, social studies, science, and a counselor. All teachers are expected to incorporate the development of problem-solving and critical thinking skills into the curriculum for all students, regardless of academic program or progress. Emphasis is placed on making each academic area (the advanced academic center, the honors program, special education, English for Speakers of Other Languages) the best it can be. Our curriculum also stresses the importance of service learning and lifelong learning skills. All students are supported in ways that challenge and support them to reach their full potential.
Our welcoming, supportive, and safe school environment is enhanced by our Positive Behavior Support program. Our Lancer Code is: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Safe. Parental involvement is critical to the success of each child and the Longfellow school community. The school's PTA contributes to the benefit of all school citizens through financial support and advisement to the principal. The school's business partners, Wheat Landscaping, Home Depot, Larkin Remodelers, and Bayou Bakery, provide resources to the school. The school has a wide-ranging after-school activities program.
Our mission is to promote the success of each member of the Longfellow family by inspiring excellence in learning through academics, life skills, service to others and to our environment, so all will be responsible and innovative global citizens.
We are a community of life-long learners that welcomes diversity, embraces challenge, strives for excellence, fosters integrity, encourages creativity, supports environmental stewardship, and celebrates personal growth for every member of the Longfellow family.
Goals at Longfellow Middle School
- Have a strong instructional focus with high expectations to challenge all students and close the achievement gap.
- Maintain a safe, secure, supportive learning environment and build positive relationships.
- Provide excellent communication consistently to all stakeholders.
- Promote an eco-friendly community.
*Information obtained from www.fcps.edu/LongfellowMS
McLean High School
Located four miles from Washington, D.C., and tucked into the northeastern section of Fairfax County, McLean High School provides a supportive environment for the whole student—focusing on student achievement, while encouraging participation in sports, the arts, clubs, publications, and other co-curricular activities. The quality of our students’ educational experiences is a direct reflection of our community’s commitment to its schools and education. McLean is home to a highly educated business and professional population, including employees of the federal government, as well as international business and government professionals.
McLean offers an academically challenging program with courses designed to compliment the broad interests and abilities of a culturally diverse student body. Because of the strong academic orientation of the McLean community, the curriculum focuses on college preparation with an impressive array of advanced placement courses, while offering a wide variety of electives designed to appeal to all interests and vocations. Electives offerings include everything from an award-winning fine and performing arts program, with orchestral, choral, and instrumental levels suitable for the beginner or the expert performer to a preschool program in our early childhood education classes. McLean has provided the impetus for students to matriculate to the best universities and to embark on successful careers in a variety of fields.
We believe our pursuit of excellence and our focus on personal improvement contribute to the development of self-worth and instill a lifelong love of learning in each student. Students from Virginia, and throughout the nation and world, have found a special place at McLean, the home of the Highlanders.
- Educate, inspire and engage all learners in an enriching educational experience.
- Encourage all learners to be self-directed, independent, and responsible.
- Foster creative and critical thinking skills.
- Provide challenging opportunities in all curricular and extracurricular settings.
- Develop and sustain a healthy and caring culture focused on positive social and emotional skills to improve learning for all.
- Engage the entire McLean community in a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
*Information obtained from www.fcps.edu/McLeanHS
Closely located to Downtown McLean with easy access to Tysons Corner and Washington DC, there is much to enjoy in and around the Chesterbrook Woods area. Enjoy a wide range of shops, restaurants, and other services at Chesterbrook Plaza located at 6262 Old Dominion Drive. This shopping center is accessible from 6153 Tompkins Drive in less than a five-minute car ride. Some of the shops that can be found at Chesterbrook Plaza include Safeway, Starbucks, Rite Aid Pharmacy, BB&T Bank, Subway, Old Dominion Urgent Care Center, Lotus Nails and Spa, and much more.
There are many recreational places to enjoy around Chesterbrook Woods. Linway Terrace Park, located at 6246 Linway Terrace, is a great park for young children and adults. Some of the amenities at this park include a playground, swings, basketball courts, two lighted tennis courts, soccer field (with football markings), baseball field, and a jogging track. The Highlands Swim and Tennis Club, located at 1515 Bryan Branch Road, is a private club offering membership to their facility which includes access to their pools and tennis courts. Highlands has two 25 meter pools and an infant “starter” pool as well as two spacious decks and a large upper lawn for parties. They offer private and group swim, dive, and tennis lessons. The Chesterbrook Swimming and Tennis Club, located at 1812 Kirby Road, is owned and managed by its members and offers a variety of programs including tennis, swimming, and diving teams, and social activities for all ages. The pool opens usually on Memorial Day weekend and closes on Labor Day weekend. Their tennis facilities may be used all year, weather permitting.
There are three metro stations conveniently located to 6153 Tompkins Drive and are within less than a 3.5-mile radius. These stations include McLean Metro Station, East Falls Church Metro Station, and West Falls Church Metro Station. Also within close proximity is the Tysons Corner Center with its vast range of shops, restaurants, movie theatres, outdoor play activities and all it has to offer. 6153 Tompkins Drive is close in to all of these amazing life amenities making it an ideal place to call home.
Since 1996 HP Homes Inc. has grown to become one of the foremost choices for constructional services. Founded under the vision of Mr. Freddy Pena, who is known for his exceptional design skills and has found itself a sturdy footing in Virginia, he has built his company on honesty and integrity. Throughout their 18-year run of building and remodeling residential spaces, if there’s one thing that HP Homes has consistently managed to do, is to put their customers at the forefront and complete projects that exceed their expectations through quality and expertise. This has helped HP Homes gain the trust of many loyal customers and expand their enterprise. Today, HP Homes operates in Fairfax, Arlington, McLean, Falls Church and Springfield, steadily growing their business as well as their customer base.